[Resolved] Why can't I get a full background colour hover on my font-awesome menu labels?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Why can't I get a full background colour hover on my font-awesome menu labels?

Home Forums Support Why can't I get a full background colour hover on my font-awesome menu labels?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pete

http://www.shockwave.net.au/

main menu, right most menu item

I have 2 different versions of the font awesome menu item that either display:inline or display:none according to @media size. But for the life of me I can’t get the hover to cover the whole item? especially when the left home menu item is fine?

Pete

OK for some reason it seems the @media css is removing the top and bottom padding of the menu item?

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Pete.
    Pete

OK, i’ve “fixed” it by adding 14px of padding to those items in the @media css, but I don’t know why it needs this to happen?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure I see what you mean – I even checked your CSS for what you said above and can’t see it.

Pete

This is the css i’m using to get the padding correct for the font awesome menu items… I don’t need this padding css for the other menu items that are not subject to the @media conditional css…

@media only screen and (min-width:415px) and (max-width: 5000px)  {
    li#menu-item-1926.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1926 a {display:inline;padding:14px 20px 14px 20px;}
    li#menu-item-1927.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1927 a {display:none;}
    }
    @media only screen and (min-width:320px) and (max-width: 414px)  {
    li#menu-item-1926.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1926 a{display:none;}
    li#menu-item-1927.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1927 a{display:inline;padding:14px 20px 14px 20px;}
    nav#site-navigation.main-navigation .menu-item-1026 a{font-size:14px;}
    nav#site-navigation.main-navigation .menu-item-1027 a{font-size:14px;}
    }
    @media only screen and (min-width:0px) and (max-width: 320px)  {
    li#menu-item-1926.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1926 a{display:none;}
    li#menu-item-1927.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-1927 a{display:inline;padding:14px 10px 14px 10px;}
    nav#site-navigation.main-navigation .menu-item-1026 a{font-size:15px;padding-left:15px;padding-right:15px;}
    nav#site-navigation.main-navigation .menu-item-1027 a{font-size:15px;padding-left:15px;padding-right:15px;}
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, not sure why that would be necessary.

How are you adding the icons?

This plugin is pretty awesome: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/menu-icons/

Pete

resolved

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.