I am getting a white screen flashing on every page load. I tried disabling all of the plugins (except GM premium) and the white flash still occurs. With the GP child theme disable the flash goes away. Right now I have the child theme deactivated so the white flash doesnt happen.
Here’s the gist of it below:
– Two website with the same theme and child theme active
– One experiences a flash of a white screen after the page loads
– We disabled all other plugins and the flash remains
– We disabled the child theme and the flash goes away
You’re safe to remove that code from your child theme. Just be sure to leave this part:
* GeneratePress child theme functions and definitions.
* Add your custom PHP in this file.
* Only edit this file if you have direct access to it on your server (to fix errors if they happen).
That being said, that code definitely shouldn’t be causing any issues. It shouldn’t actually do anything at all unless you’re using a RTL language.