[Resolved] Where to set logo for sticky menu?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Where to set logo for sticky menu?

Home Forums Support Where to set logo for sticky menu?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mc208

I looked around but couldn’t find a setting for the sticky menu logo. When I scroll down, it shows a broken image link. Thank you for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can set it in Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation – if no image is showing in the field then just add one there.

mc208

When I go to that section in the customizer, the only options are turning it on or off, transition type and menu item height. Nothing about logo in there.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i edited the above, the logo for the sticky is defined by the Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation – the option once selected asks if you want it for Static, sticky or both.

mc208

Pretty much nothing is working now. The nav menu items are all jumbled together. And now that option you mentioned in your last post seems to have disappeared altogether. =(

mc208

mc208

Will it be a better option to make my header and navigation menu in Elementor instead of GeneratePress? I never have any luck with themes as you can see.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong. What is the difference between the “site identity” logo and the navigation logo? Which should be used?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you fix the jumbled links? I’m not seeing those on your site now.

The navigation logo goes directly into the navigation, whereas the site identity logo goes into the header. We’ve re-built how this works in GPP 1.8 to it’s more intuitive.

As of right now, everything looks good, except there doesn’t seem to be a navigation logo added at all. Can you add one in Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation and then let me know so I can see what’s going on?

Thanks!

mc208

I did fix the jumbled up links, if I recall correctly, it was menu item height that didn’t have a setting.

Ok, I’ve added the logo under navigation, but now I have TWO logos.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try setting the navigation logo placement option to “Sticky”: https://www.screencast.com/t/wNMAtENx3l6

mc208

Ok cool, that got rid of the second logo. When I scroll down, I do see the logo on the sticky nav. Is there a way to make the sticky nav look more like the static nav? The logo gets pretty small, very little padding, the menu background doesn’t extend all the way across the page.

mc208

I found one of them, navigation width needed to be set to full

mc208

and the other setting is Customizing ▸ Layout ▸ Sticky Navigation
    Menu Item Height, now it’s looking pretty good!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks great! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.