- This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 11 months ago by David.
April 15, 2019 at 9:38 am #869741shpr
Is there somewhere I can download a copy of the Dispatch site css (to compare with css on a modified site)?
I’ve had a look but can’t seem to find anything.
ThanksGeneratePress 2.2.2GP Premium 1.7.8April 15, 2019 at 9:49 am #869758DavidStaffCustomer Support
here it is:
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/April 15, 2019 at 11:46 am #869854shpr
Cheers! 🙂April 15, 2019 at 12:15 pm #869869DavidStaffCustomer Support
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/April 15, 2019 at 12:28 pm #869878shpr
unfortunately I haven’t managed to fix my problem (thought I must have broken css, but don’t think that’s the case).
I’ve added the url to the ticket for you to have a look at.
– the featured images for the “Align” wpshowposts seem to have lost their sizing (height). I’m 99% sure these were working until recently, and I cannot think what has changed that has caused the problem.
Where can you see it?
When you scroll down the homepage, the first 2 posts use “Align” (also all posts on /posts use “Align”).
What I’ve tried:
– comparing modified css to original
– turning off other custom css
– disabling all (non-required) plugins
Thanks!April 15, 2019 at 1:06 pm #869896DavidStaffCustomer Support
They look ok to me. Sure its not just a browser cache issue?
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/April 15, 2019 at 11:57 pm #870140shpr
Doesn’t seem to be (in addition to incognito I tried different browsers and even different machine).
Also, I realize I didn’t explain the problem well;
– The “Align” images are no longer in the same size (aspect ratio) as in the Dispatch demo.
– In the dispatch demo they are horizontal/landscape, with a fixed aspect ratio.
– In this site they have a consistent width, but not height (they have became vertical/portrait and not consistent height).
ThanksApril 16, 2019 at 1:10 am #870179DavidStaffCustomer Support
Can you provide me screenshots?
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/April 16, 2019 at 9:19 am #870731shpr
Here is screenshot of both sites homepage:
* Dispatch (original)
* Site (modified Dispatch)
ThanksApril 16, 2019 at 9:25 am #870745DavidStaffCustomer Support
The good news is there is nothing wrong with the CSS. Thats how it’s supposed to work.
Your WPSP list has more content: a longer excerpt and the read more button. This makes the content taller which is why the image is portrait.
Choices are to a. reduce the amount of content, smaller excerpt etc or b. to in increase the width of the Container in the customizer to give it more space.
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/April 16, 2019 at 11:51 am #870876shpr
Thanks 🙂April 16, 2019 at 12:32 pm #870905DavidStaffCustomer Support
You’re welcome 🙂
Adding CSS: http://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.