This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by David 2 months, 1 week ago.
April 15, 2019 at 9:38 am #869741
Is there somewhere I can download a copy of the Dispatch site css (to compare with css on a modified site)?
I’ve had a look but can’t seem to find anything.
ThanksGeneratePress 2.2.2GP Premium 1.7.8April 15, 2019 at 9:49 am #869758
David Customer Support
here it is:April 15, 2019 at 11:46 am #869854
Cheers! 🙂April 15, 2019 at 12:15 pm #869869
David Customer SupportApril 15, 2019 at 12:28 pm #869878
unfortunately I haven’t managed to fix my problem (thought I must have broken css, but don’t think that’s the case).
I’ve added the url to the ticket for you to have a look at.
– the featured images for the “Align” wpshowposts seem to have lost their sizing (height). I’m 99% sure these were working until recently, and I cannot think what has changed that has caused the problem.
Where can you see it?
When you scroll down the homepage, the first 2 posts use “Align” (also all posts on /posts use “Align”).
What I’ve tried:
– comparing modified css to original
– turning off other custom css
– disabling all (non-required) plugins
Thanks!April 15, 2019 at 1:06 pm #869896
David Customer SupportApril 15, 2019 at 11:57 pm #870140
Doesn’t seem to be (in addition to incognito I tried different browsers and even different machine).
Also, I realize I didn’t explain the problem well;
– The “Align” images are no longer in the same size (aspect ratio) as in the Dispatch demo.
– In the dispatch demo they are horizontal/landscape, with a fixed aspect ratio.
– In this site they have a consistent width, but not height (they have became vertical/portrait and not consistent height).
ThanksApril 16, 2019 at 1:10 am #870179
David Customer SupportApril 16, 2019 at 9:19 am #870731
Here is screenshot of both sites homepage:
* Dispatch (original)
* Site (modified Dispatch)
ThanksApril 16, 2019 at 9:25 am #870745
David Customer Support
The good news is there is nothing wrong with the CSS. Thats how it’s supposed to work.
Your WPSP list has more content: a longer excerpt and the read more button. This makes the content taller which is why the image is portrait.
Choices are to a. reduce the amount of content, smaller excerpt etc or b. to in increase the width of the Container in the customizer to give it more space.April 16, 2019 at 11:51 am #870876
Thanks 🙂April 16, 2019 at 12:32 pm #870905
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.