[Support request] Whatsapp icon in Lightweight Social Icon

Home Forums Support [Support request] Whatsapp icon in Lightweight Social Icon

Home Forums Support Whatsapp icon in Lightweight Social Icon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alberto

Hi.

I wanted to know if it is possible to add to the Lightweight Social Icon widget an icon for Whatsapp that can link to the code:

intent: // send / numberphone # Intent; scheme = smsto; package = com.whatsapp; action = android.intent.action.SENDTO; end

Thank you in advance

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi, i don’t think this is on Tom’s plan, i will make him aware though. This plugin has just been released especially for GP which does have Whatsapp. The code is super light

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/gp-social-share-svg/

Alberto

Hello David.

Thanks for your response, but I do not need to share on social networks. What I need is a whatsapp icon that opens the app (on a mobile device) or redirects to Whatsapp Web (on a desktop PC).

Something similar to Click to Chat for WhatsApp, but I would like to place it together with the other Lightweight Social Icon icons so that they remain the same.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Alberto, apologies i should have looked at your code more closely. I don’t think this is doable without editing the plugin. Is it possible to add a separate icon with your code and then use CSS to style and align it with the other icons?

Alberto

David.

For now, I installed Click to Chat for WhatsApp, but it would be a great thing to include the WhatsApp icon (to open the app) in Lightweight Social Icon for future versions. I do not think it’s very complicated.

Regards!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem Alberto, i have passed the post on to Tom. Thank you for your suggestion.

Aldis

Are there any updates regarding a simple Whatsapp icon in “Lightweight Social Icon” widget?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry but not yet.

It’s a free plugin so a bit lower on the priority list unfortuantely.

Aldis

Oh, I was thinking it is part of the premium plugin…
    on the other hand, I think it is not a big update…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah it’s a separate plugin.

Thanks for the reminder 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Whatsapp icon in Lightweight Social Icon’ is closed to new replies.