[Support request] What's the best form plugin to use to collect email addresses

Home Forums Support [Support request] What's the best form plugin to use to collect email addresses

Home Forums Support What's the best form plugin to use to collect email addresses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nancy

Trying to create a form in my new Generate Press site.
    Do I need a plugin to create a form to collect Name/Email and integrate with MailChimp?

If I do need a plugin, Can you please recommended one?

Have looked at Mailchimp for WordPress and Hustle.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You would need to use a service like MailChimp and them embed the form on your website.

Alternatively, you can use a plugin like Ninja Forms or Gravity Forms, which should have MailChimp (or whatever) integrations.

Nancy

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for your help. Sorry for the novice question. I can find the embed code in MailChimp, but I have no idea how to get it into the page that I want at the place that I want it…

1) Where does the embed code go? In the CSS Section?
    2) How do I put the MailChimp form in to the page where I want it?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The code would go wherever you need the form to go.

If it’s in your content, you would add an HTML block in the Gutenberg editor, and then paste the code into it. The form will now show within your content where you placed the code.

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

Nancy

Thank you Tom, that helps a lot! I’m still a Gutenberg novice… wasn’t aware that there was an html block.

Next question – the MailChimp embedded form is butt ugly. It’s probably obvious, but I don’t have a clue about HTML or CSS… Is there a way to get the theme font to apply to the MailChimp embed code? Or a way to insert some code into the embed?

Getting site colors would be a bonus. Grateful for any pointers or codes snips you can provide πŸ˜‰

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s a “naked” mode when creating your embeddable form which will remove most of their CSS. Then we can tweak it a little to look better if you’d like πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.