[Resolved] What is this strange code message?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] What is this strange code message?

Home Forums Support What is this strange code message?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    George

This shows up in the WP admin section on my site with GP:
    Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home2/shamak/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-blog/functions/customizer.php on line 20

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home2/shamak/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/addons/generate-blog/functions/customizer.php on line 21

Any idea what this means?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by George.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you using the latest version of GP (1.3.29) and GP Premium (1.2.82)?

If not, updating should fix those warnings.

George

Yes, I am using the most up to date versions.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just looked into the message some more, it’s basically saying a component in the free theme is missing.

Are you sure GeneratePress (the theme) is activated?

George

Yes, GP is activated, as well as GP Premium, both the latest version.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details to support@generatepress.com so I can take a look?

George

Hmm, I don’t see the message anymore. Then I switched to another theme, and the warning popped up again. Then I switched back to GP, and now I don’t see the warning anymore. So I cannot consistently duplicate the warning messages. They seem to show up sometimes and then disappear. I can send you the login, however I cannot point you to a place where the messages show up consistently. Do you still want the login? This is only a test site where I am playing around to figure out how to use GP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That warning will show up if GeneratePress isn’t the active theme, as GP Premium is checking for something in the theme. If it’s not there, the warning will display.

I’m releasing a patch today for GP Premium, I’ll add a little check in there so it won’t show up even if GP isn’t the active theme.

George

Thanks Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – thanks for reporting 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.