[Resolved] What does it take to get a new GeneratePress theme made for the Site Library?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] What does it take to get a new GeneratePress theme made for the Site Library?

Home Forums Support What does it take to get a new GeneratePress theme made for the Site Library?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dean

Hello… I was wondering what it would take to get a new GeneratPress theme made for the Site Library.

I currently use a custom-made wiki that’s been hand-coded from just HTML/JS for a corporate wiki … but it is old technology (Web 1.0) and not easily scaleable – maintenance of the system requires people who have advanced knowledge in hand-coding HTML/JS … I’d like to get a WordPress wiki theme so it can easily be maintained by non-coding WordPress users.

There is a good looking wiki-style theme on WordPress.org ( https://wikiwp.com ) that looks alot like Wikipedia, but the theme has not been updated since 2016 – and it looks like it’s just being operated by a 1-man show with virtually no support… there are a few other wiki-style plug-ins out there, but none of them really duplicate the look/feel of Wikipedia … I don’t want to use the Mediawiki platform, because it has a steep learning curve – and I’d rather have the site on a WordPress platform – which many people are already familiar with.

Any feedback on what it’d take to get GeneratePress too make a theme too add to it’s Site Library would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Something like this would likely be very hard to achieve in the Site Library, unfortunately.

I think a plugin would be a far better idea for wiki-like functionality, as most of the functionality that’s needed is within the content.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.