[Resolved] What do you need to do to change the blog layout?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] What do you need to do to change the blog layout?

Home Forums Support What do you need to do to change the blog layout?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MC

I would like to have a different blog style than what’s out there. A quick search led me to something like this, which I find original:

https://blog.xpnsec.com/exploring-mimikatz-part-1/

I don’t see options for changing this, and it’s no big deal if you can’t without doing lots of coding, but I am curious to know. I am using GP and Premium, and I selected the “peak” theme.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What specifically are you trying to achieve that’s on that website? The header on the left side of the page?

MC

Hello Tom,

Yes, in this case I mean the layout with the left black part. But that could be anything else than the default blog page. As a noob I was curious to know if this was something to change that I had not seen, or if you need to code? I’m not even sure it has something to do with GP! Sorry for the vague question and thanks for your time!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Would this be a fresh install?

If so you can consider importing Sider in our library:
    https://generatepress.com/site-library/

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

MC

Hello Leo,

I might have mispoke. I am looking to have a different blog page / blog article. Not change the whole site. So selecting this other theme would not work. I also used this site as an example.

My question is: Can we modify the blog articles layout without changing the whole site easily, or does that require coding etc.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Still a bit confused.

So basically, you want single posts to have a specific layout ie black header on the side etc?

MC

Yes

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What will be the content of this ‘fixed sidebar’? The same as the example site?
    And what about the site header / navigation?

It would require custom work to do this, so just trying to get a handle on whether it something we could do using the theme elements.

MC

Thank you all. I just wanted to know if it was easy to change it so it looks like the example, but it seems way too complicated! I’ll keep it the way it is, thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.