[Resolved] What do yo think about WP Rocket plug in

Home Forums Support What do yo think about WP Rocket plug in

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Hello wold like to have your comments or advice on ”WP Rocket” optimisation plug in. Anybody had the chance to use it or heard any good or bad about it

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve heard good thing about it – although I think the performance of caching plugins really depends on your server set up.

Patrick

ok i will chek it out a little in depth

for what i tried many tweeks for minifying had nightmare having it not breaking my website but now i can’t get performances as good with ou it. i can tell you i tried all optimisation threads out there including the one from generatepress.The combination autoptimise with wp rocket has givin me decent results. That speed thing is a darn pain in the ….. for us newbees 🙂 but am working hard on it.

Do you know of any websites under generatepress with some amount of content that score over 90%? so i can take at look at them

Thx

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’d think this site would score over 90% for sure 🙂

Patrick

close !! but not there :-)))

https://generatepress.com
    Mobile frendly : 100% mobile speed :70% desktop speed:89%

:-))

Thx

Patrick

but much better then mine lol

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Here are some optimizing tips if it helps: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

If not can you provide a link to your site? We can try to see what’s slowing it down.

Patrick

yea thx i apply what is in that document

Thx again

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Google Page Speed is tough, but I’ve seen people using GP get 100/100 on everything. You would have to not use Google Fonts, and would have to defer all CSS (which causing a flash of unstyled website when loading).

For speed, your server is #1. Get upgraded to PHP7 and you’ll see a difference.

Hamish

Hi guys,

I just saw this post. I did not get good results using your documented optimisation mentioned above.

I recently achieved 98% mobile google page speed on my site using WP Fastest cache and the lesser known https://en-au.wordpress.org/plugins/fast-velocity-minify

This was achieved with site origin page builder running (not that it has slowed my site much).

Unfortunately the optimal speed setup broke my mobile menu. So I had settle for settings that only enable 74 / 91 mob / desktop.

In velocity settings I had to :

check – Disable JavaScript processing [ If selected, this plugin will ignore JS files completely ]
    uncheck – Enable defer parsing of JS files globally
    uncheck – Enable defer of JS for Pagespeed Insight

And these options were what cranked the speed up.

People say to not worry about google page speed and to try pingdom and the like, but you would think Google page speed is al that counts as it is likely a part of the big g algorithms ??

Do you guys think I could get GP working with more intense minify settings listed above?

Happy to share a site login if you are interested.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would allow a plugin like Autoptimize to handle the minifying/combing of files.

GP is set up so each script has a dependent (if necessary), and good minifying plugins will take that into account to prevent errors.

So by default, there should be no issues with this in GP. The issue usually happens when other plugins enqueue scripts without dependents (jQuery) and cause a JS error. This causes the rest of the JS on the page to break as well (including GP).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.