[Resolved] Weird Fatal Error with GP/Elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Weird Fatal Error with GP/Elementor

Home Forums Support Weird Fatal Error with GP/Elementor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Allison

On a site we’ve been developing for months, we have recently discovered that all our non-Elementor pages seem to have all the WP formatting stripped from the display. I don’t know how long it has been happening, but not for more than a week or two. It seems like it should be an Elementor issue, but when I deactivate Elementor nothing is fixed. But when I change the theme to TwentyNineteen, the pages display correctly.

We’ve tried deactivating plugins and all tha, but nothing seemed to work.

A tech at WPEngine sent us this error message, but I just can’t see how it relates to the issue we are experiencing (and I have no idea what an Uncaught RangeException is):

1 PHP Fatal error: Uncaught RangeException: Max value for this device is out of range. in /nas/content/live/canorml/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/stylesheet.php:300\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/canorml/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/stylesheet.php(354): Elementor\\Stylesheet->get_device_max_value(‘tablet’)\n#1 /nas/content/live/canorml/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/stylesheet.php(385): Elementor\\Stylesheet->hash_to_query(Array)\n#2 [internal function]: Elementor\\Stylesheet->Elementor\\{closure}(‘max_tablet’, ‘min_tablet’)\n#3 /nas/content/live/canorml/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/stylesheet.php(412): uksort(Array, Object(Closure))\n#4 /nas/content/live/canorml/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/stylesheet.php(149): Elementor\\Stylesheet->add_query_hash(‘min_tablet’)\n#5 /nas/content/live/canorml/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/css/base.php(371): Elementor\\Stylesheet->add_rules(‘.elementor-2 .e…’, ‘width: 65%’, Array)\n#6 /nas/content/live/canorml/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/c in /nas/content/live/canorml/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/stylesheet.php on line 300

Anyone else having this issue?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We haven’t had this problem reported before.

Looks like it’s coming from Elementor directly though.

Have you checked with their support?

Allison

Thanks Leo, I haven’t checked yet with Elementor – mostly b/c deactivating Elementor and even rolling back to previous versions of Elem. and Elem. Pro didn’t have any effect on the problem, but switching to Twenty Nineteen fixed it.

If you don’t have any ideas, I’ll contact their support
    Thanks,

Allison

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That error is Elementor related, but it’s not likely to be causing the issue you’re seeing.

The issue on that page is there are no paragraph tags. How was the content added? Using the classic editor? Gutenberg?

Allison

The pages were imported from Drupal (it was a rather torturous process). But the line breaks are appearing in the visual text editor.

The issue is also happening with the Posts on the site and I am sure they were displaying just fine the last time I looked (maybe a couple of weeks ago.)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The import from drupal could be the issue. You may need to manually add the paragraphs, unfortunately. What happens if you remove the line breaks in the editor and then re-add the line break (so it’s a paragraph).

Allison

Pretty sure it’s not the import.

Even when I went and re-edited a page (the staff page that I referenced in my first post) the line breaks didn’t show up. I created a new page as well and had the same problem.

The only way to make them display correctly on the front end is to “convert” them to Elementor pages. Once you do that, they display fine. But there are hundreds of pages and hundreds of posts, and the client wants to use the classic editor.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, that doesn’t sound right. Any chance you can send me temporary admin login details so I can take a look?: https://generatepress.com/contact

Allison

Sure. You want me to send credentials via the regular contact support form?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use the Account Issue form, it will go directly to me.

If you create a new temp account, you can delete it once I’m all done 🙂

Allison

Sent. Your username is Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, yep – editor is fine.

So, something is stripping the paragraph tags on the actual page itself.

Are you able to disable all other plugins to test? You can keep Elementor and Elementor Pro activated.

Allison

YEah, I think we tried that – not sure we disabled everything though. I will do that now.

Allison

Should I leave GP Premium activated?

Allison

Oh – I deactivated everything but Elementor, Elementor Pro and GP Premium and now the formatting is showing up!

Now I just have to hope that it’s not a conflict with a necessary plugin!

Thanks Tom! you’re a rock star.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.