[Support request] weird face ); with white strip above header

Home Forums Support [Support request] weird face ); with white strip above header

Home Forums Support weird face ); with white strip above header

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josie

I seem to have a weird white strip above my header which has a sad face at the left hand side like: );

Does anyone know why or what this is and how I get rid of it?!

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you have any scripts or code added to any of the GP Hooks? Or in a child theme function file?
    If not try disabling any plugins to see if one of them is outputing this code.

Josie

Hi David,

I’ve just tried deactivating each plugin and trying it but it’s still there. I’m not sure about codes/scripts that I’ve added (sorry new to this and wish I had made a list of everything I had added now!) sorry this isn’t of much help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

How did you add the Google Tag Manager?

Josie

I didn’t think I had inserted any coding for Google Tag manager as yet. I checked our Tag manager account and its still pointing to our old one. 🤔

Only Google thing I’ve put in was analytics and it was just a key, there wasn’t any coding involved

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Open the browser developer tools buy Right Click > Inspect the live site. Go to Console tab and in errors you will see:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'

This is related to the googletagmanager script that has been inserted. can you disable whatever plugin you used for it and clear any caches you have. And then let me know.

Josie

There is a plugin I used for google analytics called GA Google Analytics, it has a bit of code in the settings bit.

When I changed a setting in it from Global site tag to universal analytics plus deleted the coding the sad face turned to: ); ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’);

I’ve deactivated it and after a few minutes the sad face has disappeared yay!

Thanks for your help David 😀

Is there any plugins you recommend for Google Analytics?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome.
    Personally i just use GP Hooks.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

Just add your GA script and set display rules to entire site.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.