[Support request] Weird Error Message in Blog

Home Forums Support Weird Error Message in Blog

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kamela

Hi Tom,

This error message is showing up in the header of the blog page for http://landscapeclientsdaily.com/blog/. Can you tell me how to get rid of it?

Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for /home/jimwertz/public_html/landscapeclientsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/themes/generatepress_child/style.css in /home/jimwertz/public_html/landscapeclientsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/themes/generatepress/functions.php on line 237

Thanks!
    Kammy

GeneratePress 1.3.46
    GP Premium 1.2.96
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kammy,

Does a style.css file exist in your child theme (spelled exactly like that)?

Kamela

Yes.

Kamela

Should I re-install the child theme? Everything has been updating OK.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Might be worth trying, just be sure to save any of your custom code.

Kamela

By custom code, do you mean GP Hooks, or everything in GP Premium that I customized?

Kamela

Hi Tried re-installing the child theme and it didn’t work. I got this message…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme contains no files.

Theme install failed.

???

Kamela

OK, now I’ve got the zip file figured out, but get this error message instead.

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/jimwertz/public_html/landscapeclientsdaily.com/wp-content/themes/generatepress_child/

Theme install failed.

How do I get rid of the first child theme installation so I can do this re-install. And is it going to wipe out of my GP Premium settings, so I have to start over from scratch on the design?

Thanks,
    Kammy

Kamela

Ho boy, I figured out how to re-install the child theme but it didn’t make any difference. The error message still appears on the blog page header.

Really need help with this, as this is a client site.

Kamela

OK, the blog is fixed. I ended up creating a whole new page. Now the issue is that not all of the widgets are showing up in the footer. I specified 3 – it only shows 2. These were working before.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, any chance you can send me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.