[Support request] Website setup

Home Forums Support [Support request] Website setup

Home Forums Support Website setup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Geoff

Hello

Not sure if this is the right place but I need some guidance/help on recreating a website previously built using the Thesis theme.

Some years ago i created this site for a client using Thesis Wasabi Restaurant & Bar. My client then had some more websites and decided to go with another developer who set her sites up on Business Catalyst. Since Business Catalyst is now defunct she has decided to redo her sites on Squarespace except for this site and she has asked me to support it again. I thought I would be able to ask the existing developer to download the site and I could import it to a new hosting but apparently that is not an easy task with Business Catalyst. So I am now faced with the task of recreating the site.

I have not used Thesis since then and have forgotten all. I was hoping to be able to do it with Generatepress.

The site basically has 2 sidebars on the left, one with the business logo and the second with a menu that was created using Jquery Accordion Vertical menu, pus a sunset time and social icons. There is a static background image. when the menu is hovered over there is a darker opacity applied to it and the clicked on menu appears to the right.

Any assistance/guidance would greatly be appreciated.
    Geoff

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you able to link us to the previous site so we can see it?

Let me know 🙂

Geoff

http://www.wasabisb.com/sites/wasabi/ or click on Wasabi Restaurant & Bar in my original post.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So basically like Sider in our site library:
    http://gpsites.co/sider/

But with the logo in its own column?

Geoff

I guess so.

There is a full image background used for the site. When the menu is overed over there is an opacity applied to the background of the menu and when a menu item is selected the content also has an opacity background applied.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I would start with installing the Sider site from the Site Library.
    The background image can be set on the Body using the Background Module, and setting the header and navigation backgrounds to transparent.

The other changes will need some CSS, we can assist with that once the site is setup if you want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.