[Resolved] Website loads randomly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Website loads randomly

Home Forums Support Website loads randomly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mireia

Hi there,

I’m having some problems on my website, build with GP and Smart Slider. Sometimes it seems to work correctly, and sometimes it doesn’t load. It stays black and the menu doesn’t work either.

I asked my hosting, but they said probably is a theme issue:

“We have been able to verify that, randomly, your website manages to load the images and works correctly. It is not throwing errors and does not seem something derived from the php version that you have configured.

It really seems a problem of the theme, which for some reason instead of displaying the images and the gallery you intend to show visitors loads an image completely in black, but we cannot specify it without analyzing it in depth.”

I’ve never had a similar problem before and it started suddenly, without any specific change. I’m trying to find out what’s going on. Can it be a theme problem? Some incompatibility?

Thank you very much ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in the Console of the Developers Tools i can see one error which is ‘jQuery is undefined’ hence why the Slider isn’t loading – oddly only on Chrome.

First thing to check is whether it is a caching issue. Try clearing and disabling your autoptimize plugin and then let me know so i can take another look.

But – it has nothing to do with the Theme ๐Ÿ™‚

Mireia

Hi David,

Well, I’ve selected the Autoptimize option “Adding try-catch blocks” and it seems is working now! On Developer Console (I will use this in the future…) this jQuery error disappears when activated.

I don’t know exactly if this is the best solution… but I leave it here because it can work for someone else.

Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome glad to be of help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.