[Resolved] Warning: Undefined variable $post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Warning: Undefined variable $post

Home Forums Support Warning: Undefined variable $post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi there,
    since the last WP update I get this warning/error underneath the posts.

Warning: Undefined variable $post in ****************/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/elements/class-hooks.php(215) : eval()’d code on line 3

Warning: Attempt to read property “ID” on null in ****************wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/elements/class-hooks.php(215) : eval()’d code on line 3

screenshot

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi John,

I can see that you have custom functions in Hook Elements. One of them maybe causing the issue.

To determine the cause, can you try disabling your Hook Elements one by one starting with ones with functions and see if the issue will still exist?

Kindly let us know how it goes. 🙂

John

Hi Fernando 🙂

thanks a bunch for your input and advice. Indeed, it was the custom Hook for them Sharing buttons.
    Would it possible to share the code with you in order to help me to identify the conflict?

Thanks in advance for your time & effort, is greatly appreciated
    John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for sure – paste the code in your next reply, and before submitting – highlight the code and click the Code button.

John

Hi David,

thanks for chiming in 🙂

<?php /* Template for share buttons. */
    $title = htmlspecialchars(urlencode(html_entity_decode(get_the_title())));
    $url = urlencode(get_permalink($post->ID));?>
    <div class="share-buttons clearfix">
    	<a class="facebook" href="#" onclick="window.open('https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=<?php echo $url; ?>&t=<?php echo $title; ?>', 'facebookShare', 'width=626,height=436'); return false;" title="<?php esc_html_e('Κοινοποιήστε στο Facebook'); ?>">
    		<span class="share-button"><i class="fab fa-facebook-f"></i></span>
    	</a>
    	<a class="twitter" href="#" onclick="window.open('https://twitter.com/share?text=<?php echo $title; ?>:&url=<?php echo $url; ?>', 'twitterShare', 'width=626,height=436'); return false;" title="<?php esc_html_e('Τιτιβήστε'); ?>">
    		<span class="share-button"><i class="fab fa-twitter"></i></span>
    	</a>
    			<a class="email" href="mailto:?subject=<?php echo htmlspecialchars(rawurlencode(html_entity_decode(get_the_title()))); ?>&body=<?php echo $url; ?>" title="<?php esc_html_e('Αποστολή μέσω email', ); ?>" target="_blank">
    		<span class="share-button"><i class="far fa-envelope"></i></span>
    	</a></div>
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You need to declare the global variable for the $post – so before this line:

$title = htmlspecialchars(urlencode(html_entity_decode(get_the_title())));

add:

global $post;

John

You da man David, thanks a ton 🙂
    Problem resolved

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.