[Resolved] Want to Remove Published Date from Search engine and post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Want to Remove Published Date from Search engine and post

Home Forums Support Want to Remove Published Date from Search engine and post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Digitraunix Network LLP

Hi,

I want to remove published date in the front end as well as for the search engine. It means when I will published a post it should not show in the post and it also should not appear in search engine snippet. I would like to make my blog post as evergreen article which should not be time sensitive.

But, the published date should appear in back end for reference, as I can see in pages with published date and other details.

Please, let me know the changes that I can do in Generatepress theme.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    Anurag

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You should just be able to disable the post date in Customize > Layout > Blog.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Digitraunix Network LLP

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

As I can see now applying the setting, the published date is not appearing in the post. Will it work in the same way in search engine? Also, I have hide date in Yoast seo plugin.

Anything else other than that I need to tweak.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    Anurag

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, removing the date from the page itself will make it so search engines can’t read the date either.

However, some plugins (like Yoast) might add JSON-LD to the page, which can include the date.

Digitraunix Network LLP

Hi,

Does it need any other plugins or piece of code that will make it disappear completely from search engine. I doesn’t want search engine should catch any sort of published date.

If you could help me in doing so, I would be grateful to you.

Regards,
    Anurag

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

On the GP side of things, the option I mentioned above will do it.

For other plugins, they might have options that exclude that data from the page.

You can test your site using this tool to see if Google picks it up: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/

However, if the date doesn’t appear on the page itself, Google will most likely not output the date within their search results (even if they know it).

Digitraunix Network LLP

Hi,

I have used above tool, it appears that it is not displaying any date. For the search engine result, I have to wait for that to appear. I have already resubmitted the sitemap in WMT.

Moreover, thanks for your dedicated support. After a long year of research, I have came through such a clean and wonderful WordPress theme and plugins.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    Anurag

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.