[Resolved] Volume Demo Site and Child Theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Volume Demo Site and Child Theme

Home Forums Support Volume Demo Site and Child Theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alex

David,

I love your demo site Volume. Will you elaborate on your suggestion to move the Additional CSS to a child theme? Is this move for ease of editing? Is there a potential problem with leaving it in Additional CSS? I am fairly new to the WordPress environment and would appreciate your guidance. Thanks.

“As a note, most of the Sites use Custom CSS, this is added to Customizer > Additional CSS. Some sites have a lot more then others, mine in particular. Volume and Dispatch have 400 lines, which i suggest may be nicer if it was moved to a child theme but not necessary.”

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Alex,

There shouldn’t be any issues if you just leave the CSS in Additional CSS.

It’s just good practice to use a child theme when you have lots of custom CSS, but 400 lines isn’t really that bad so it’s totally up to you.

If you want to go ahead with a child theme, then download one from here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/#installing-a-child-theme

Then copy everything from Additional CSS to the child theme’s style.css file.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Alex

Leo,

Thanks for your help.

I have another question regarding the Volume site template. I created a new header element based on the pages header element. I duplicated all the element settings exactly and included the required html.

<h1>
    {{post_title}}
    </h1>

However, the post_title is still overlapping the site title. What am I missing? I would appreciate help. Thanks.

Alex

Oops! Here is the code I was referring to.

<div class="inside-header">
    <h1>
    	{{post_title}}
    </h1>
    </div>
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic for the separate question?

From my experience, the best way for users to learn and us to track the issues is one question per topic.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Alex

Leo,

I opened the new topic. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.