[Resolved] visually uneven spacing of items on navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] visually uneven spacing of items on navigation

Home Forums Support visually uneven spacing of items on navigation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dee Broughton

Two spacing issues, very nit-picky:

1) Don’t know if this is a browser (Firefox) issue or what, but on
    http://www.dbepub.com/2014/07/ebooks/
    notice that if you hover over the two items adjoining Ebooks (WordPress and Print) you see a little orange line peeking through. This is new when I added more items. If you have WordPress active, Home doesn’t have a line. It seems to be on the shorter items?

Can you help me make it consistent with no line between the active and hover background colors?

2) On http://elt.international/ the last item (About) is set to the far right, but in different browsers the spacing of the three middle items (between the title on the left and About on the right) is not consistent. I’ve tried using a percentage rather than pixels, but haven’t been able to figure it out. Suggestions?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dee,

1. Do you have a screenshot of this? These items are floated left, so they’re side by side.

When the items are centered, then there could be some spacing – but items to the left that are floated are pretty snug.

2. Different browsers ready pixels and percentage a little different (unfortunately) – there’s no real way to make them behave the exact same. I usually just use a slightly smaller than perfect value that works on all browsers.

Dee Broughton

1. I went to get a screen shot and today it’s not doing it. Browser thing, I think. Ugh.

2. Browser thing. Ugh.

Thanks. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Browser inconsistencies are the most frustrating thing about web development πŸ™‚

Dee Broughton

Right? πŸ™‚

I did center the ones on the elt site instead of left align them. That helped. In my browser, anyway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.