[Resolved] Video Background

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Video Background

Home Forums Support Video Background

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jonathan

Hi, love Generate Press and have been using it for a few years. I’m really baffled by the Elements feature. I’m trying to create a video background with a transparent NAV on my homepage. I’ve got the video background to work with code, but can’t figure out how to make the NAV static on scroll.

Thanks!

Jon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m a bit confused. Check your page and looks like everything is working correctly and I can see both the static and sticky navigation?

What do you mean by NAV static on scroll?

Like removing the transition effect?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sticky-navigation/#sticky-navigation-transition

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

jonathan

Hi Leo,

Thanks for looking at this. I pieced together the config instructions. Still, the video header background seems incredibly more complex than in earlier versions of GP. What’s the upside?

Thanks,

Jon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It is more complex than it used to be, for sure.

The main upside is having full control over the HTML structure. This allows you to do things like set a custom poster, mute (or unmute), autoplay (or not) and so on. If we added options for all of the available fields, it would clutter the UI considerably when creating a Header element.

You also have total control over what kind of video file you want to use, and can even add multiple files (as fallbacks).

Basically, this way gives you total control.

jonathan

Thanks Tom, I always trust your judgement on GP enhancements. As for the video background, I also like that you can embed third-party services like YouTube and Vimeo. I believe that with the older feature you could only upload a video file.

Thanks again!

Jon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.