[Resolved] Verifying Google Search Console with Tag Manager

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Verifying Google Search Console with Tag Manager

Home Forums Support Verifying Google Search Console with Tag Manager

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pierina

I cannot verify Google Search Console with Tag Manager even though tag manager has been successfully installed. The following keeps appearing “We could not find a Google Tag Manager container ID on the home page of your site.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What instructions are you following, and what steps have you taken to implement it?

Let us know πŸ™‚

Pierina

Hi Tom,

I used the hooks under element to install google tag manager per your instructions on the generatepress website and it worked, but when i try to verify Google Search Console what I mentioned previously appeared.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like you’re using some sort of HTML caching plugin/service. Can you try turning it off so I can inspect your HTML better?

Just to confirm, you’ve followed these instructions?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/implement-google-tag-manager/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Pierina

Hi Tom,

I just disabled/deactivated everything with the word cache! I have a managed wordpress website since I’m new to all of this.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Everything looks correct on the code side of things.

Perhaps this will help?: https://get.google.com/tagassistant/

Pierina

Hi Tom,

I already have this and know that Google Tag Manager works. I have already set up Google analytics through it. My only problem is verifying Google Search Console through Google Tag Manager. When I do the intital set up and verification for Google Search Console through Google Tag Manager it will not verify.

Pierina

Tom,

It worked now! I guess I just had to disable cache plug ins.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s working πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.