[Support request] Using the driver site how to set header images from featured images?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Using the driver site how to set header images from featured images?

Home Forums Support Using the driver site how to set header images from featured images?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kevin

Hello I’m using the driver site from the library I think it’s really awesome. I applied this theme to my existing website that had featured images on pages and I was wondering if I could make them override the header images I see.

Currently it’s a picture of a car on all pages and it looks like it’s an element but I can’t override it. Any advice I have to make my featured images override the default image for page header?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Appearance > Elements ( or when viewing the page use the Admin Bar > Elements shortcut ) and edit the element titled Page Hero. Select the first Container Block and edit its background.

kevin

Does this apply to all pages? Or just the specific page I’m on?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Display Rules Location is set to Entire Site ( with only the Front Page excluded ) – so yes its applied to the entire site except the home.

You can:

a) Change the display rules and build new page heroes

b) change the Background Image to be Dynamic and set it to display the Featured Image:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/dynamic-data/#dynamic-background

or combination of both 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.