[Support request] Using sites from site library with preexisting website.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Using sites from site library with preexisting website.

Home Forums Support Using sites from site library with preexisting website.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Grace

I recently installed Generate Premium to use on my preexisting Membership site, which consists of both posts and pages. I saw Dispatch in your site library and really like it but remember seeing one of Tom Usborne’s videos suggesting that the prebuilt sites not be used with existing websites. Since I do not want to put my site in maintenance mode, I cannot start with blank WordPress site, so I thought I’d write and to ask if there is a way to work with pre built sites when you have a preexisting site, keeping in mind that I am not a developer with no coding background. Everything about Generate Press is really clean. I’m really looking forward to using it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I think the best way is to duplicate your current site to a staging environment then import Dispatch to the staging environment and start from there.

Once you finished configuring the staging site, you can then duplicate it back to the live site.

I would also say that Dispatch might not be very easy to do something like this but definitely worth a shot.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.