[Resolved] Using rem to size heading properties according to screen size.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using rem to size heading properties according to screen size.

Home Forums Support Using rem to size heading properties according to screen size.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alan

I am moving a site over to GP and want to use the same heading properties as the previous site. I am using rem to resize the headings for different screen sizes, but at least for the page hero, I am not sure if it is working properly. I also noticed in another support thread that you suggest customizing the page hero for mobile via css.

What is your suggested way of handling this? Also is there a standard ratio between desktop and mobile for headers in general? For instance, if the desktop h1 is 36px, the mobile h1 should be x?

Additionally, I have submitted a couple of support requests pertaining to the Lightweight Grid Columns plugin, but got a response that “the topic was awaiting moderation”. Should I use that plugin’s support forum?

Please let me know.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The way you’re doing it right now looks like it’s working – is there something about it not working right now? Using CSS to set a different unit is the only option as of right now.

Not sure about a standard ratio – I think it really depends on preference/how your content looks on those screen sizes.

Lightweight Grid Columns isn’t really being supported anymore. Take a look at our GenerateBlocks plugin: https://generateblocks.com

It has a much more powerful grid system which is way easier to use 🙂

Alan

Tom, I’m not comfortable with the Gutenberg block editor, so I will need to find another solution for the columns. Do you have any thoughts on what works better and is better for speed and SEO purposes between Shortcodes Ultimate and Elementor?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tough for us to tell unfortunately as we don’t work with those plugins.

You can always test by creating the same content using both options and run your site through speed test and see which one performs better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.