[Support request] Using Last Updated Date In Google Search And blog

Home Forums Support [Support request] Using Last Updated Date In Google Search And blog

Home Forums Support Using Last Updated Date In Google Search And blog

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Prajwal

Hi how can i get google to show last updated post date in the google search results. At the moment it is showing nothing

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you added and code or plugin that changes the display of the Post dates?
    I looked at a few of your posts and none of them have the Modified Date markup, which should be there by default.

In regards to Google, whatever we help change, its still down to Googles Algorithms to decide whether to display it – but with the data above missing it won’t ever find it.

Prajwal

HI David, NO i have not added any extra plugin. I am using one of the theme provided by Generatepress with minor modifications. I can definately see the post date but even they are not being displayed in the search results which was not the case before.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have any functions to do with the post date?
    In the markup i can only see the Published date, but default the Theme outputs both published and updated date, although only one of them is displayed.

Prajwal

No i donot have any functions, do i need to check anything in the theme’s code or something to make sure it is in place?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you made any changes to the theme or child theme?

Prajwal

No i just added the free child theme provided by you guys

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah right – i went back to some of your oldest posts and i can see the Update Date.
    Add the filter function provided here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_post_date_output/#only-show-updated-date

This will display the updated date if it exists.

As i said before – we cannot control how Google uses this meta.

Prajwal

Thank you very much, another question is i installed the “code snippets” plugin and added the code. It changed the date to updated date, my final question is should i choose the Run code everywhere option or the “Run it once option” ??

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You should leave it as Run Everywhere

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.