[Resolved] Using Element Layout with Beaver Themer Template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using Element Layout with Beaver Themer Template

Home Forums Support Using Element Layout with Beaver Themer Template

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian

I tried using GPP Elements to set sidebar, footer, disable elements with Display Rules of All Pages and Entire Site but the Beaver Themer Template did not take. I have set the Beaver Themer template to only display on Pages. I was hoping to style all pages using Themer and then use Elements to adjust the items above. Is this possible?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Just so I understand:

1. You’ve set an Element to all pages, and it works with regular pages.
    2. You’ve set a Beaver Themer template to all pages, and now the Element above doesn’t apply to them.

Is that correct?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Ian

Interesting. I stopped messing around with it so I can focus on finishing the site for launch. Got your reply and tried things again. Even when I delete that Elements for Pages, I am not able to use Beaver Themer to style either Singular > Post or even trying to hook in a section using Beaver Themer >> Part and choosing “Before Main Content” or even “Before Title”.

I may be missing a trigger somewhere as I am still learning GPP. May I ask if Beaver Themer is compatible inside GPP?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should be fully compatible.

So are you creating a layout in Beaver Themer, and then hooking it into the theme using a Hook Element in GP?

Ian

ok, I was going to get the client launched first before revisiting this but after your email, I wiped Elements and Beaver Themer clean and started from scratch. Now, both of these take in the targeted Pages!

I will have to chalk it up to a foggy brain as we push for launch so must have missed something the first time around. Thanks for your patience as I get up to speed with GPP!

Forgot to answer your question, Tom. What I have done is create an element to target Pages (disabled Featured Image, Title and make layout full width). Then I created a Themer template and used Themer’s hook to target all Pages and Exclude the Homepage. Hope that helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – glad it’s working now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.