[Resolved] Using different fonts for sidebar and post/page headers and body text

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using different fonts for sidebar and post/page headers and body text

Home Forums Support Using different fonts for sidebar and post/page headers and body text

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    George

I’d like to use unique fonts for sidebar, post/page titles, and post/page text. Seems GeneratePress wants us to use the same font for everything or else we must write custom CSS. If so, how can I spec these items separately? Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The post/page titles font options are actually in Customizer > Typography > Headings.

The post/page text should be Customizer > Typography > Body.

As for sidebar, try this something like this:

.sidebar .widget {
        font-family: "Playfair Display", serif;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Let me know πŸ™‚

George

Thanks for the response! However, this doesn’t work – that’s the problem. If I change Typography > Headings to Helvetica, then publish and change Typography > Body to Georgia, EVERYTHING on the page becomes Georgia: all of the headings, body text, and sidebar text. Seems to be a bug.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Currently I see h1 is set to Helvetica and everything else is set to inherit?

George

Thanks, Leo. Yes, I’d like headings in Helvetica and body text in Georgia. But if I set headings to Helvetica as you’re seeing, and then change body text to Georgia (not inherited), EVERYTHING turns to Georgia – headings, body text, widget text, etc. Just like magic! πŸ˜‰ But it’s not really what I want. ???

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you set things up that way and save them so I can see why it’s not working for you?

Right now it looks like the body is set to System Stack, and the headings are set to inherit.

George

Thanks Tom. By following your hint – “be careful” – I was able to set all headings the way I preferred. Specifically, I changed “Inherit” to “Helvetica” or “Georgia” as needed under Typography.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.