[Resolved] Using ad-on "Sections" disables all plug-ins

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using ad-on "Sections" disables all plug-ins

Home Forums Support Using ad-on "Sections" disables all plug-ins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jean

I was trying to set the “Element Spacing” for the Header (bottom) but each time I try, it deactivates all plug-ins.

First I get the error message for all of the plug-ins:

The plugin akismet/akismet.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

etc. with the other plug-ins.

But the plug-in files still exists. But I have to activate them again.

I tried this twice but with the same result.

All I wanted was to re-adjust the header height.

Jean

And it disables GP Premium as well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Never heard of that before. So when you adjust the spacing in the “Element Spacing” section of the Customizer, it deactivated plugins? Strange, all those options do is write some integers into the CSS for you – it has no power over any plugins.

Let me know – we’ll figure it out ๐Ÿ™‚

Jean

And it happens again, this time changing the content font size:

The plugin akismet/akismet.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall_bak/wp-security.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin formidable_bak/formidable.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin gp-premium_bak/gp-premium.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin hello.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin slider-wd/slider-wd.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin styles/styles.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin wp-google-maps_bak/wpGoogleMaps.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin wp-super-cache/wp-cache.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Why do some of your plugin folders have _bak on them? That’s enough to cause some issues for sure.

Can you try deleting your plugins one by one and uploading/installation fresh copies? I have a feeling something is corrupted in there.

Jean

Yes, it deactivates all plugins. And again and again. I have now tried four times. Any ideas please?

Jean

No, no _bak on my plug-ins. I am using very standard plug-ins, and not many. See the list above.

You want me to re-install all plug-ins? Including yours?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That list is where I’m seeing _bak on the plugin folders.

For example:

gp-premium_bak
    wp-google-maps_bak
    formidable_bak
    all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall_bak

Did you have something wrong with your server? Maybe your host just removed a hack or something?

Re-installing the above plugins might be a good start to figuring out what’s going on.

Jean

Thank you. I contact my hosting company to check the server. They answered:

However, on checking the issue in detail, we could see that the only plugin that was causing the issue is ” all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall_bak “.

So, we have currently backed the plugin ‘all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall’ to ‘all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall_bak’ to resolve the issue.

As you say “all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall_bak” may be a problem, I re-installed the plug-in and deleted the _bak file. There are no other _bak files in the plug-in folder.

It appears to work alright now. I’ll let you know if I encounter any further problems. Thank you for your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, I’m glad I could help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.