[Support request] User display names revealing email addresses

Home Forums Support [Support request] User display names revealing email addresses

Home Forums Support User display names revealing email addresses

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Isabel

I don’t remember this ever being a problem before . . . is it a GP problem or a WP problem? I am using the GP Exhibit child theme. Everything is up to date.

The display name for commenters is showing their email addresses. I can go into each user profile and manually change their display name to something else but I need a way for the DEFAULT display name to NOT be their email address.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Isabel

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just checked out a couple blog posts with comments and couldn’t see any email addresses. Is there a specific post I should be looking at?

Isabel

Thanks for looking into this. I manually changed them so the emails would be hidden. You can see an example on the forum I’m testing: https://yourmassagepractice.com/forum/topic/testing-testing/#postid-2

Update: for some reason I can’t get the forum page to show publicly. I’m trying to figure it out.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Doesn’t look like I’m able to see it right now.

WordPress itself doesn’t even have an option to use the email as the “Display name publicly as”. Unless their username is their email?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.