[Support request] Use Magazine Grid from Dispatch (or similar) on a site with another GP Theme?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Use Magazine Grid from Dispatch (or similar) on a site with another GP Theme?

Home Forums Support Use Magazine Grid from Dispatch (or similar) on a site with another GP Theme?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emil

Hi!

I have a site with Generatepress where I don’t use the Dispatch theme but I would like to use just the Magazine Grid from the front page of Dispatch.

I tried to copy the additional CSS code from the dispatch site and paste it into my regular site. I also made the Header Element and used WP Show Posts to create the list with pages I wanted.

The problem was with the text that didn’t go on the images but underneath. I use pages instead of posts, is that a problem maybe?

Either way, do you know some tricks to get this Magazine Grid to look good. I can’t show the site right now because it isn’t online. Or do you know some plugin that will do something similar using pages instead of posts?

/Emil

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its a little more complicated then that – if you have the CSS then you need to add the wrapper to the WPSP posts list…. to do that create 2 x new Hook Elements:

Hook #1
    Content:

<div class="wpsp-content-wrap">
    <!-- Opening wrapper -->

Make sure to remove the closing </div> the editor may add
    Hook: Custom Hook > wpsp_before_header

Hook #2
    Content:

<!-- Close WPSP Wrapper -->
    </div>

Hook: Custom Hook > wpsp_after_content

In then in your header element add the following Element Classes:

wpsp-grid wpsp-card

Emil

Perfect, thanks for the help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.