[Resolved] Use GeneratePress Premium and WP Show Posts Pro as if they were one product

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Use GeneratePress Premium and WP Show Posts Pro as if they were one product

Home Forums Support Use GeneratePress Premium and WP Show Posts Pro as if they were one product

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PHILIP

Is there a way to use GeneratePress Premium and WP Show Posts Pro blog listings plugin as if they were one product?

For instance, I want to make a page that lists all posts from a category called Food.
    I want to use Masonry with Ajax loading, and use the fancy hover effects and social media buttons available in WP Show Posts Pro. This layout looks like a category page, but it is not. It’s just a normal page with the short code added.

The problem is that when someone clicks the category link at the bottom of one of the posts, they go to the real Food category listing page.

This real category listing page does not have the fancy effects provided by WP Show Posts Pro.

Is there a way to make the WP Show Posts Pro fancy effects appear on WordPress archive pages please?

PS. I love WP Show Posts Pro. The effects look great without getting silly.

arabsworks

Dear Philip,

As if you read my mind,I have asked Tom for the same request which is the integration with WPSP please read here: https://wpshowposts.com/support/topic/new-features-for-wpsp-pro/#post-2529

For an example there is so many request here in GP forum to have (Grid + buttons + CPT ) and I wonder why not be an Add-on for this or improvements and FULL integration with WPSP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Currently it’s not possible. Taking over core WordPress archive pages like categories is actually super tough unfortunately.

Instead, one potential solution would be to set up 301 redirects from your core category pages to your static page which holds the WPSP list displaying the categories.

PHILIP

Thanks Tom
    I’ll give it a try.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

PHILIP

Just tried this, and I got the results I was hoping for.

This post explains .htaccess using code or a plugin.
    https://wpism.com/301-redirects-wordpress/

I had to make a new page for each category I wanted to use WP Show Posts Pro to display.

And then use .htaccess to redirect from the WordPress category/food page etc. to my new page which was category-food etc.

So now category/food redirects to category-food.

# BEGIN 301 Redirects
    Redirect 301 /blog/ /custom-blog/
    Redirect 301 /category/food/ /category-food/
    Redirect 301 /category/people/ /category-people/
    Redirect 301 /category/places/ /category-places/
    # END 301 Redirects

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perfect. Since they’re 301 redirects, they tell Google that this new page is the new permanent home of that URL. That way, it should be absolutely fine for SEO as well 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.