[Resolved] Usage of Flexbox instead of Grid? What's the future?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Usage of Flexbox instead of Grid? What's the future?

Home Forums Support Usage of Flexbox instead of Grid? What's the future?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pierre Eustache

Hi,
    I really love the grid feature. I can just go to the sidebar and add css classes to the elements I want to align. It allows me to design without page builder and keep CSS file light.

But I am trying to design landing pages in WordPress 5.3 Release Candidate. The group block and column block allow me to achieve great things.

The problem is, the editor is using display – flexbox. When I publish, it breaks on front-end. I add to rewrite the CSS for grid-50, for example.

Should I keep trying to fix it with grid css or with flexbox?

I mean, what’s the future proof method for this? Will GeneratePress continue with the grid?

PS: Will you allow “Header Elements” to use the editor and not just HTML and CSS?
    PSS: I am using WP 5.3 with site on my local server; not my live site.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Flexbox is definitely the future and much better way to go.

GP won’t be able to replace grid system with flexbox anytime soon as that will break a lot of existing sites 🙂

I find this site really good for learning Flexbox:
    https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/a-guide-to-flexbox/

Will you allow “Header Elements” to use the editor and not just HTML and CSS?

We are currently working on this so stay tuned 🙂

Pierre Eustache

Good!
    Thanks!
    I’ll then use the grid system for the layout of the page and use flexbox for elements on my page. I am learning more about flexbox; thanks for the link.
    I’ll add a classes similar to grid, like .flex-50 and modify css accordingly for margin and padding.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.