[Support request] url not changing

Home Forums Support [Support request] url not changing

Home Forums Support url not changing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Hi,

I’ve raised the issue below with my host, but whilst it’s fresh in my mind, I thought I’d also ask here.

I can cruise around my site and sometimes the URL in the address bar does not update to where I currently am on the site – It remains “stuck” on a page I left behind earlier. I’ve cleared the cache etc….doesn’t resolve it or if it does, it doesn’t correct the underlying issues as the problem returns soon enough.

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

robmac

I’ve sent some screenshots to my host – their a respected name – so must be something unusual. I’ve also experienced the issue when I view my site through my VPS, so it’s not specific to my browser. I’ll let you know what the host says.

robmac

seeing issue in Firefox too

cleared cache – switched cache plugin OFF – problem persists – switched plugin back ON – cleared cache – still got the problem – cruising around site – site URL doesn’t change. ๐Ÿ™‚ yaaaaa……it’s almost the weekend!!!

robmac

turns out, it’s a “frame/frame-sets” issue.

One MAYBE work-around, is to remove the menu from the frame/frame-sets – is that doable please or, would I be best to just to spend a few bucks and get a coder to do it for me?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry little confused what’s going on here.

Can you link us to a page where this is happening?

robmac

http://www.decorandflooring.com/

If you’d then please go to say “Furniture” off the main menu and then select 3 or 4 different product categories and then go BACK to the Home Page, you should see the URL Address has not changed – my host says it’s a Frames issue and a work-around to address this may be to remove the Menu from the Frames – unless you can suggest a better fix?

Any thoughts appreciated and thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm not sure if I’m seeing the problem: http://www.screencast.com/t/Rod4gAjhO6F

The URL changes fine from what I can see?

robmac

OK, thanks Leo….appreciated

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

I’ll ask Tom to have a look to see if he sees anything different ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not noticing anything on my end either. Never heard of a “Frames” issue?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.