[Resolved] Updating failed on prod website

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Updating failed on prod website

Home Forums Support Updating failed on prod website

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Joao

Hio,
    I’m trying to add footer blocks to a live website but once I start using GBlocks inside the block, update fails.
    Biggest difference between staging (where everything seems to work) and live website is that staging doesn’t cache. I added a small video below.
    Can you help?
    Joao

Joao

What does the JS script console say – below (private)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

does the issue happen if you choose a different hook ?

Joao

I tried other only once (before footer if I’m not mistaken). Same issue occurred.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange – what happens if you disable your SEO plugin?

Joao

Hi Tom, it’s a production site and owner owner is understandably feeling unconfortable with changing live settings. Besides, there’s a staging site and everything worked there.

With one exception: Cloudfare.

I found this https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/wordpress-updating-failed/#step-2-reenable-the-rest-api-by-resolving-the-specified-error, decided to reopen chrome dev tools, open the network tab, found a failing request… I’m not a developer but somehow was able to see that I’m receiving a {“code”:”rest_forbidden”,”message”:”Sorry, you are not allowed to do that.”,”data”:{“status”:401}}

My focus/objective was/still is very simple: I wanted to replace Lightweight Social Icons with generate blocks button SVG social icons (because of spped issues and removing the fontello.wof call). Do you see other way I can achieve this objective?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, strange – GenerateBlocks isn’t doing anything special that core blocks don’t do, no extra requests, nothing that requires authentication etc..

Shot in the dark – does clearing your browser cache make a difference?

Joao

No difference: just tried logging and editing/saving in privacy mode and in different computer and no, keeps failing.

I can add GB containers and, for example, I can add paragraph and quote blocks inside containers.
    However, I did some further testing and I now see that image and spacer blocks are also result in “Updating failed.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Certainly sounds like something is going on with the server. The only way to debug that really is to disable things until the issue goes away – that way you can narrow down where the issue is coming from.

Joao

Tom, David.
    I think you’re right; I need to find a way to debug this in production.
    Thank you once again for your time.
    Joao

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can always push the site to a staging server – that way you can mess with it without affecting the live site.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.