[Support request] Updated / Published on Dates, Remove Author & Links

Home Forums Support [Support request] Updated / Published on Dates, Remove Author & Links

Home Forums Support Updated / Published on Dates, Remove Author & Links

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Andres

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I enabled the Blog Module, and it only breaks the /gallery/, /engagements-couples/, and /weddings/ category pages, all of which have the same mosaic styling for featured images. The area above the post feed does appear. The posts list generate by WPSP flashes for a second before disappearing. If I refresh the page, the same happens. It behaves the same on various browsers.

I didn’t pursue the issue because it didn’t really matter at the time. I know you have lots going on. Do you want to see why this is happening? At present, for me, it’s not pressing. Modifying the dates and author attributes on posts is more of a minor cosmetic/functional thing at present. It can wait.

If you do want to get to the bottom of it, please let me know what you need from me to start. It is something I’d like to figure out in the near future as it might be symptomatic of some misconfiguration that should eventually be resolved.

As for the alt text, that’s too bad. It’s going to take about 10 hours to redo it. It’s odd WP has it that way. It’s not unheard of that a person will modify their SEO, and having to re-upload all the images is quite the pain.

Thanks, Tom.

Have a good evening.

Cheers!

Andrés

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, is the Masonry option enabled in Customize > Layout > Blog? That could be causing the issue if it is.

Andres

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I enabled the blog module and enabled the masonry layout in Customizer. That did work. However, on the blog page with the masonry layout, as well as on all other blog pages, there are now 2 navigation bars, one where it should be, then another one that’s just below the middle of the page.

Also, when Blog Module is enabled, “Read More” option is now in a box on blog pages, and the background color is split between grey and white, when it was mostly white before.

It did, however, fix the issue with the masonry post list from not appearing, as well as removing the author attribute on posts.

Here are screenshots of the issues when Blog Module is enabled.

1. Blog Module Disabled: https://prnt.sc/u5ufvc

2. Blog Module Enabled: https://prnt.sc/u5ug7r

What’s that saying about “fix one thing, break another”. Lol.

The only options in Customizer > Layout > Blog that are enable are: Display Posts in Columns (3), Display Posts in Masonry Grid, and Display Post Date (in Single).

Sorry for all the trouble.

Cheers, Tom.

Andrés

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The read more button thing should be quite easy, just un-check the “Display read more as button” option in Customize > Layout > Blog.

Let me know 🙂

Andres

Hi Tom,

The only options in Customizer > Layout > Blog that are enabled are: Display Posts in Columns (3), Display Posts in Masonry Grid, and Display Post Date (in Single).

All other options, including “Display read more as button” are disabled.

I did find the cause of the box appearing: In WPSP the box border color is set to the same color as the background so it looks like there is no box, since there is not option to disabled the Read More box.

What’s happening is, is that when Blog Module is enabled, it’s changing the background color to grey, causing the white border box to become visible.

Resolving the issue causing the change in background color will resolve the white Read More box from being visible.

Would you happen to know why a second navigation bar is appearing on blog pages when Blog Module is enabled?

Thanks, Tom!

Andrés

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, the Blog module shouldn’t have any effect on navigation. Can I see the page?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.