[Resolved] Page Header issue in 1.2.87

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Header issue in 1.2.87

Home Forums Support Page Header issue in 1.2.87

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Edward

I did the update and it broke my site it wiped out every pages setting for transparent header.

Going into each page now to see if i can turn it back on but if i had hundreds of pages this would be a nightmare.

Edward

Went in and the pages still have the transparent turned on they just no longer work now..

Need to fix this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We had an issue with the theme update (not GP Premium) with PHP 5.2 installations – I’m assuming you’re not experiencing that issue?

We also updated GP Premium today, but nothing changed with the settings in Page Header.

Can you link me to a page that has those settings enabled but isn’t showing them?

Edward

all the pages on the site http://crystalriverweddingservice.com/

everything was working then i did the update and now they do not work,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah I see the issue.

Before, the merged header option “cheated” in a way, it would simply make it so the header was absolutely positioned, so it would sit on top of the section below, making it look like it was inside the page header element.

This worked, but wasn’t ideal as it could lead to overlapping content.

In this latest version, I actually made it so the page header wrapper wraps around the site header, and removed the absolute positioning. This is a massive improvement over the way it was being done.

In most cases, people actually using the Page Header metabox for content won’t notice any difference – it will just function better.

In your case, you’re using Beaver Builder in a section below the header, so the absolute positioning was actually essential for your design.

So, in your case, you can make it so the header is absolutely positioned again:

.generate-merged-header .site-header {
        position: absolute;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        width: 100%;
        z-index: 1000;
    }

Adding CSS: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-css/

Hopefully that helps explain things and gets it back to the way it was for you before ๐Ÿ™‚

Edward

Ok that fixed it i had to add 20 pix to the top to space it back the way it was

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad we could get that fixed quickly for you – sorry about that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Edward

So the page settings for transparent no longer work when using BB then?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It will, you just need that CSS.

The transparent header option is built for the Page Header content area – you’re not using that area, so you need that little bit of additional code.

jordi

Hi Edward
    I like his head is the images, I can say as it has achieved that effect on images?
    Thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.