[Resolved] Update broke Header Images

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Update broke Header Images

Home Forums Support Update broke Header Images

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    J. Andrew Scott

I have been using the Legacy Metabox for page headers on my site, but the latest update to GP Premium (1.5.3) broke that, and also changed how the header images were handled (images became bounded, and the text overlay disappeared).

I had to reset my site to prior to the update as I didn’t have a lot of time to trouble shoot the issue. Has the legacy Metabox functionality been removed from the latest update? Is so, do you have any suggestions where I can look within the regular Page Headers section to return the look and feel of the Page Headers I am currently using.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_page_header_legacy_metabox/

I’m currently using Gp Premium 1.5.1.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the problem site currently using 1.5.1? Which page can I see the issue on?

J. Andrew Scott

I had to revert to 1.5.1 after upgrading to 1.5.3. The problem only appears after upgrading to 1.5.3.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, the only differences between 1.5.1 and 1.5.3 are small bug fixes. All of the major updates came in 1.5.

I would need to see the actual issue to know more. If you’d like you can copy your site using a plugin like Duplicator and install it in a folder on your website. That way I can see the issue without affecting your live website.

J. Andrew Scott

Was having issues with Duplicator (tried and failed twice to create a copy), so I upgraded GP Premium so you could see the issue, but it didn’t occur. Strange, everything is fine and GP Premium is updated to 1.5.3. Maybe a bug in some other plugin I updated, but no issues now with the Page Header now and I can see the Legacy Metabox as well. Thanks for help and instant customer service, sorry to bug you.

Apparently these aren’t the droids you’re looking for, you can go about your business, move along…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Haha, +1 for the Star Wars quote. Love it.

Glad it’s all working now – could have possibly just been a caching issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.