[Resolved] unwanted full width for elementor theme builder

Home Forums Support [Resolved] unwanted full width for elementor theme builder

Home Forums Support unwanted full width for elementor theme builder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dasigna

hi there,

unless i am doing something basic wrong theres a strange occurance in using gp and elementor together… layout is set to contained site-wide but elementor content is obviously full width for theme builder templates despite all settings.

didnt realize it before, and wasnt obvious but have this on several sites – not on all strangely. so far not able to hunt down the difference between them.

so – in my understanding in every page elementor should respect the given layout (boxed) until a different setting is choosen. the same should apply for el templates – even themebuilder ones. right?

now i am setting up blog and single blog pages using elementor theme builder and theyre always full width, no matter what.
    not the expected behaviour imo …

really not sure at this point whether this is related to gp or el (or user) – but it works just fine for all pages and normal templates. so why not for theme builder?

maybe theres the possibility to shed some light on this?

big thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

to the best of my knowledge Elementor theme templates always default to their full width template. But i just checked your Blog and single posts an i am not seeing an issue ? Let me know.

dasigna

hi david,

to the best of my knowledge Elementor theme templates always default to their full width template.

… thats the answer i’ve feared πŸ˜‰
    odd anyway, because i have one site thats in a former state (no actual el and gp) where that definitely is not the case… they must have changed something somewhere at some point.

youre probably not seeing an issue as i am constantly tweaking with this.
    its not an issue as long as you dont use section backgrounds – as soon as you do, youre running into trouble as it applies full with even if not wanted. hard to deal with …

so this sounds i have to contact elementor regarding this. no logical behaviour imho.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately i don’t use the Theme builder as i like to keep things super light. But let us know what they tell you

dasigna

thanks david.

i’ll try to remember to make an update… anyway might take a while as elementor support is far from the response time of GP πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems – let us know either way – i am sure they’ll point the finger in our direction πŸ™‚

dasigna

i am sure they’ll point the finger in our direction πŸ™‚

probably πŸ™‚

but its never too late for surprises πŸ˜‰

dasigna

UPDATE.
    massive and ongoing discussions with elementor support without any clear solution.
    eighter they cant or wont comprehend the issue and the consequences it gives. definitely no gp-issue, but some ‘talk to the hand’ thing regarding elementor.

any plans for generateblocks to march out into the ‘page-builder’ direction anytime soon? πŸ˜‰

EDIT
    marking this as resolved from the gp point of view.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah – i think Elementor are heavily focused on developing around their own theme.

We think GB is already on the right path, you just need supplement it with some extra plugins to fill in the gaps today πŸ™‚

dasigna

We think GB is already on the right path

… great answer to a somewhat more hypothetic question πŸ™‚

But yeah – already investigating on this, as elem is going into some wrong directions lately imho (especially in terms of support and not listening to major issues as well as too bulky code etc.).

not the place for discussion about this for sure. but the goal for a mid term future would be to replace heavy pagebuilders with something different… gutenberg and gb indeed seems to be a good way to go.
    not ready yet to easily replace elem for complex use cases (custom templating, cpts, relationships and quite heavy use of acf), but the most promising approach i’ve encountered so far …

looking forward to the progression.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Appreciate the feedback and thoughts!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.