- This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
May 27, 2019 at 11:17 pm #912818Bill
Please disregard my last query, I solved it. I have another road block.
I can’t find any info on having pages with different footers. My footer is linked to all pages.
BillMay 28, 2019 at 4:03 am #913052DavidStaffCustomer Support
If you want to use different footer widgets for different pages you would need a plugin like this:May 28, 2019 at 5:11 am #913110Bill
Ok, thank you. I am sorry but I have another question. I have site search on the side bar, but when i search, only the top part of the page shows, why is this?
BillMay 28, 2019 at 6:58 am #913355DavidStaffCustomer Support
Do you mean the white space below the list of search results?
If you want the background image to cover the entire page it is better to add it to Customizer > Backgrounds > Body instead of Container.
Let me know.May 28, 2019 at 3:32 pm #913785Bill
thanks, but thats what I have selected , “cover”,there is no body option. It might be a hiccup from another plugin? Anyway I might get rid of that option. There is also a white space at the bottom of the sidebar on the site but not on it while being loved in?
BillMay 28, 2019 at 3:48 pm #913804TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Right now you’ve applied your background image to the content area and widget areas.
Instead of doing that, I would try the “Body” option for the background. That way it will cover the entire white area.
Let me know 🙂May 28, 2019 at 6:43 pm #913868Bill
Please see the issue here. The side bar selection is ‘cover’. Which should be the full body of the side bar, in the admin area the side bar does not have a white gap at the bottom. However it is not the case when the site is opened.
BillMay 29, 2019 at 3:22 am #914095DavidStaffCustomer Support
The page is made up of the Body, inside that is the Content and your Sidebars. The content and sidebars are separate containers. So do this:
1. Remove the Backgrounds you have set for the Content and the Sidebar.
2. In Customizer > Colors > Content – set the Background Color to Transparent. When selecting a color you will see the pallet has two sliders the right hand one is the opacity. Drag this to the bottom.
3. Do the same for Customizer > Colors > Sidebars
4. Now in Customize > Background > Body add your background image. This will appear behind the content and the sidebar and will fill all of the white spaceMay 29, 2019 at 7:10 am #914420Bill
Hi, I have no site now. so thats for your help. Crazy domains, I do not recommend them.May 29, 2019 at 8:09 am #914471DavidStaffCustomer Support
I am sorry to hear that. Maybe they have a backup? Its usual practice for most hosts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.