[Support request] Unique header for a specific part of site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Unique header for a specific part of site

Home Forums Support Unique header for a specific part of site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

hello,

I would like my site logo to be a different version and the header background color different on the single posts of a custom post type, than it is elsewhere. I want to brand my blog differently from other parts of my site.

What’s the best way to do this, an Element?

thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes a Merged Header element provides options to change logos, nav colors etc…

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#site-header

Matthew

It was quite simple I created a header element and assigned a different logo under the’Site Header’ tab. But how can I change the overall header color. I need it black so it blends with the logo.

I tried adding this CSS to the code container under “Page hero” tab:

background-color: #000000;

but this didn’t work.

I don’t want a Hero or a Merged header or anything (at this stage) but just to keep the header the same, but with the new specific logo and matching background color

thanks,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

On the Site Header tab in your Header Element, you have the option to change the Header Background color – you can set this to whatever color you need including Transparent.

Matthew

Where’s that option.

Here’s what I have access to,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HOxA_Q24YwRV2qvYjin5Kfwl6vsEBPul

thanks,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You have to Enable the Merge with Content for it to be displayed.

Matthew

hey this is great but causes the main content section below to run up underneath the header.

Here’s the before I enabled merge with content:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pOy6oXG-pwEWfRFnaRFkLBGLh_eLvKZU/view

and here’s following with the background color changed too:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mH0xLbWJgAXwKTjgOh4AegJGhz4Tisj7/view

How come it needs to be merged, and can I bring it back down to show all my featured image and the search box?

thanks,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Color options are currently only part of the Merged header options, we get very little call for changing them without the merge option – but may review that.

Enable the Merge. And then set the Offset Site Header Height to match the height of your Header.

Matthew

hey yes I had tried the offset. I thought it might be cache etc so cleared it (browser and plugin cache), disabled all plugins etc, but the offset hasn’t applied. I put the exact amount in too, the header height which is 150px.

The upper part of the main container is still sneakily hiding behind the header. I edited my original topic with the URL, could you possibly check it out? It’s the only Header Element in there, that I have working for the CPT “Pictures”. You could compare it to the header elsewhere on the site.

thanks,

Matthew

Just realised I can change the navigation button colors too with the Element. Superb!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That login / password isn’t working for me. Can you double check ?

Matthew

I changed the password.

In my editing of the original topic after the URL I put the guest user access U & P in brackets. The resulting formatting is quite confusing, hopefully you can make it out, but the username/password is there. Is there a way I can place the U/P so it formats without the extra confusing characters?

The correct new password has the first bracket (before “s2”) but not the last bracket (after “Oh”)

thanks,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try this instead:

1. remove the Offset Site Header Height value.
    2. In the Page Hero content add:

<!-- merged header -->

3. Add 150px top padding to the element

Matthew

Works a beauty.

Even if this is a workaround I’m perfectly happy, but for interests sake, should the offset header method have worked? Is this a potential bug

thanks,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – it was me having a stupid moment – the Offset is designed to work with the Page Hero having some content.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.