[Resolved] Unable To Get Customizer To Load

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable To Get Customizer To Load

Home Forums Support Unable To Get Customizer To Load

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robert

http://neweggalternative.com/

Okay, so this time – I have GeneratePress fully activated and I can’t get the customizer to load – it just shows a white screen but ONLY on this exact domain. Some more info;

– I use woocommerce
    – I have multi-site with domain mapping enabled.
    – The theme is working fine on other domains but just this one domain isn’t letting me edit the theme.
    – De-activated and then re-activated to no avail.

It almost seems like it’s running out of memory but I dunno. It also throws that same error I reported earlier(when I preview another theme) even though the “generate blog” is installed and activated..

I love the theme and don’t wanna change it ๐Ÿ™‚ You can use my login I sent you previously if you still have it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Robert,

Have you tried increasing the memory at all?

http://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

No luck?

Robert

Hey Tom, I shall try that and report back. Thanks.

Robert

well I think it’s at 256M now, on both php.ini as well as wp-config and I’m still getting the white screen. I contacted hostgator and they upped it to 256m and then I went in and edited wp-config.php to add define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ ); and then saved. Still getting the white screen.. the bigger issue is that I can’t seem to change templates either. Not sure what to do as I have other sites using the theme.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting.. Is it working on other sites in the multi-site installation?

Robert

Yeah, for example – http://geforcevideocards.com/wp-admin

it uses the same theme and lets me go in and edit it fine. They’re very similar sites in that they’re both woocommerce sites, with lots of products and are on that same multisite install. perplexing.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That is perplexing.

Okay, so what could be happening..

a) You could be reaching your total memory allowed for the whole multi site installation? Maybe try disabling the add-ons on other site, and then try on the new site.

b) Maybe the problem installation has another plugin activated that none of the other sites have?

Robert

I have noticed that the secondary navigation has to activated separately from the rest.. I’ll toy with it and see. It’s not an emergency as the site is basically done, it’s just that my OCD and perfectionism make me wanna keep screwing with the design.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very weird – I’ll have to make sure all the add-ons are cleaning up after themselves memory-wise.

Glad you at least have it working now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.