[Resolved] Uber Mega Menu Plugin Version 3

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Uber Mega Menu Plugin Version 3

Home Forums Support Uber Mega Menu Plugin Version 3

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mike Buzzell

Hi Tom, hope all is well. First I really like the updates you’ve made to the template recently. Was hoping you could help on this one. I was using Uber Mega Menu 2.x with the template and all was good and working fine. Then I updated my test site to the new 3.0 version and now nothing is working. Meaning the menu shows up in the WP-header GP hook section but the menu is as static list. There is no Uber Mega Menu structure or functionality. This could be an Uber Mega Menu upgrade issue but before I pinged them I want to check with you regarding their spec here is the link: http://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-3/integration/automatic/requirements . If you could take a quick check and let me know if the template meets the spec I can ask them for as stance as well. Unfortunately I can not provide a link because it is my internal test site that I have upgrade first.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mike,

GeneratePress definitely follows all of those rules. WP.org is pretty strict about the themes they allow in the repository.

Give the developers a shout and get back to me with what they say – if there’s something I have to do to make it work I definitely will.

Thanks,
    Tom

Mike Buzzell

Hi Tom, I have contacted the Uber Mega Menu support team ( http://sevenspark.com ) to ask for their help. hope to hear from them later today or tomorrow. I really like and want to use your template and their menu plugin to build out my new site. Is there anyway you could test the plugin on your end just to see if you experience the problem and can help resolve it. My setup right now is pretty basic with MAMP Pro on a Mac as my server configuration, the GeneratePress Template and add ons and the basic Uber Mega Menu ver 3. As I mentioned in my earlier post version 2 worked fine. I am willing to provide you with the ver 3 plugin and my license to help trouble shoot this. Not trying to waste anyones time but would really appreciate the help. Thanks again for you great support and help, Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mike,

Sure I can give it a go when I get a second – send me details at support@generatepress.com.

Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For others wanting to use Ubermenu, you need to add this to your child theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/generatepress/0ba0439ced685a1afb81

Tom

Mike Buzzell

Hi Tom,

Here is the code that works in the child version ( functions.php ) of the template for Uber Mega Menu Plugin Version 3. Thanks, Mike

<?php
    /**
     * Generate child theme functions and definitions
     * @package Generate
     */

add_action( 'wp_head' , 'um_remove_generatepress_menu' );
    function um_remove_generatepress_menu(){
        remove_filter( 'wp_nav_menu_args', 'generate_wp_nav_menu_args' );
        remove_action( 'generate_before_header', 'generate_add_navigation_before_header', 5 );
    }

add_action( 'generate_before_header' , 'generate_ubermenu' , 5 );
    function generate_ubermenu(){ ?>
        <div class="grid-container">
        <?php ubermenu( 'main' , array( 'theme_location' => 'primary' ) ); ?>
        </div>
        <?php
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mike,

Just letting you know that the next version of GP integrates menus more gracefully, and should be fully compatible with this plugin without any custom functions.

Thanks!

Mike Buzzell

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update. Is it version 1.1.3 or the next version?

Thanks,

Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’ll be in 1.1.4.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi

I just want to say, that i have tested uber menu with GP and it works fine together. Only issue is that sub menus are not being expanded automatically. I had to hover mouse to open them. Once i applied your custome code it has started to work flawlesly.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad it’s working 🙂

Anonymous

Well, i wanted to pinpoint that although it works almost perfectly, it is still not 100% adaptive.

Earlier you have posted:
    Just letting you know that the next version of GP integrates menus more gracefully, and should be fully compatible with this plugin without any custom functions.

I just wanted to pinpoint that still some manual CSS sjould be done. If you could fix that, would be excellent.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, it looks like the code above is still necessary to make it work 100% – sorry about that.

I’ll see what I can do about adding it to core.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.