[Resolved] Typology in Elementor Text Edit Widget

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Typology in Elementor Text Edit Widget

Home Forums Support Typology in Elementor Text Edit Widget

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Innes

Hi, I’m having issues with setting the typology for the paragraph type in the elementor text editor widget. I have fonts and colours disabled in Elementor so am using the GP customiser to set the global typology. The typology I assign appears correctly in the editor but when I view the page it increases the font weight (essentially makes bold) but the font and size are correct. Any weight I assign gives the same result and I’ve tried a couple different fonts.

This only seems to be a problem for this specific widget, typology appears correctly in posts and header widgets but any use of Elementor’s text widget appears bold.

Any ideas? The site is in the early stages and only local at this stage so can’t demonstrate.

Cheers,
    Innes

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its really difficult to diagnose without being able to see the Site.
    Can you use the browser inspector one of the incorrect weighted font elements on the frontend and see where the CSS is coming from?

Innes

Hi David, thanks for the response. I’m new to HTML/CSS so bear with me but appears to be coming from generatepress/style.min.css, same for the header section (which appears correctly). I can see here paragraph is set to 700 (b, strong), but in the text editor widget the text is not bold. I’ve checked typology for each of the available types and don’t have 700 anywhere.

Understand it’s not easy to diagnose blind so unless something I’ve just mentioned makes it more clear we might have to wait until I can upload to a URL.

Thanks,
    Innes

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So just to confirm. In the Customizer > Typography > Body you have a font weight setting (?) that is not the same as you see on the front end?

Innes

That’s right. Whatever weight I choose has no effect on the text, but if I do a text transform it works (for instance uppercase). Only for the text editor widget.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So i assume you have cleared any cache plugins and browser caches and the issue still persists?
    If so what happens if you choose a different font? Is it just this font thats a problem?

Innes

I’ve cleared browser caches and don’t have any cache plugins installed. Any font I choose remains in bold regardless of weight (have tried 100, normal, bold etc), there is no visible change. I should say that it occurs in all elementor widgets where paragraph text is called, so for instance in the accordion widget the paragraph content is bold (regardless of changes I make) but the title changes with whatever weight I set the heading to. I can override the paragraph styles from within the widgets themselves and this works fine but I don’t want to have to do that. Is it possible that I’ve somehow set global paragraph typology to bold?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So few other checks to try:

1. Open it in a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc) to what you’re using.
    2. Check in the Customizer > Additional CSS (or if you have a child theme in the style.css) and see if there is any css related to body or p.
    3. In the Customizer > General – uncheck the cache dynamic CSS.
    4. Try #1 here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Innes

David – I tried all of these steps to no avail, then realised I’d missed an end tag when making a word bold in a section at the top of the page (hand to face). I refer to my earlier comment that I’m new to HTML… Thanks for the support.

Innes

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haha – glad you got it resolved 🙂 Very easy to do and very tricky to spot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.