[Support request] Typography – Div / custom Headline

Home Forums Support [Support request] Typography – Div / custom Headline

Home Forums Support Typography – Div / custom Headline

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matthias

Hi there,

i am trying to create a typography for a pre-headline.
    Firstly i wonder what the “div” option from the headline block of gb is. Can this be set in typography? Or more general – are all the headlines, paragraph, div settings of the block taken from typography of the customizer?

If div has no general use i would simply take that for my pre-headline -> which i plan to be a one-word summary of the page you are on (e.g. Products (preheadline)
    Everything we offer (headline) etc.
    From a-z (subheadline)

Where the preheadline should be a smaller font, uppercase. Everything is on the banner of each page – like a hero for each section.
    Like in the image attached – the uppercase word.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so a H2 headline would return some HTML like so:

<h2 class="gb-headline gb-headline-c6ad2351 gb-headline-text">I am a H2 Headline</h2>

If you set the element tag to DIV then it would be:

<div class="gb-headline gb-headline-c6ad2351 gb-headline-text">I am a H2 Headline</div>

So its perfect for adding some pre-heading text without messing up the semantic layout of your headings.

By default it will inherit its typography and color settings from its parent. Which would normally be the Body Text styles from the customiser or if the headline is in a container block it will inherit ITs settings.

If you want to control this from the Customiser, which is what I would do – then in the Typography settings you can select a Custom CSS selector element from the list. In that field add: div.gb-headline and now you can set its typography styles from there 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.