[Resolved] Two problems with navigation search in GP 3.0

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Two problems with navigation search in GP 3.0

Home Forums Support Two problems with navigation search in GP 3.0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric

I’m testing GP 3.0.0-beta.1 and have discovered two problems with navigation search:

1. When Dynamic CSS Print Method is set to “External File,” the search box appears in the primary navigation at all times (along with the search icon/button). When Dynamic CSS Print Method is set to “Inline Embedding,” the search box behaves as expected (appearing below the primary navigation only when the search icon/button is clicked).
    2. I typically use the generate_navigation_search_output filter to replace the default search box with one from a third-party plugin. While this still works (though it has the same limitation described in #1), opening and closing the search box is no longer very smooth/immediate. There seems to be a considerable lag between clicking/touching the search icon and the search box opening up or closing (sometimes requiring two clicks/taps). In addition, clicking outside the search box used to close the search box, but this no longer works.

Everything else is looking great so far!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Not sure I’m seeing this on the site you linked to – all looks good. Can you show me a screenshot of the issue?

2. Think I see the issue here – fixed in beta.2 πŸ™‚

Thanks for testing!

Eric

Thanks. I couldn’t demonstrate both problems at the same time on my staging site (because problem #1 prevented problem #2 from appearing), so I had the CSS set to “Inline Embedding.” However, I just switched it back to “External File” and problem #1 is gone. It must have been a caching issue. So a fix for #2 is all I’ll need. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, beta.2 coming tomorrow with the fix πŸ™‚

Thanks again!

Eric

Just to confirm: GP 3.0.0-beta.2 fixes the problem! I like the close button, too. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, thanks for letting us know! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.