[Resolved] Two primary navigation menus with different display rules

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Two primary navigation menus with different display rules

Home Forums Support Two primary navigation menus with different display rules

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, can I create a primary navigation menu only with a login link for logged out users, and have another primary navigation menu for logged in users?

At the moment I have created a layout element for the primary off canvas menu,excluding logged out users, and I can create another primary menu with the login link, but this custom menu is not possible to deselect in the layout element.

View post on imgur.com

So is it possible to have a primary navigation menu on the front page containing only a login link, and the primary navigation menu I already have created, for logged in users (Primary menu disabled, logged out excluded), or should I use the site header or top bar disable elements option, for the front page login link?

I hop my question makes sense!

Thanks!

Carsten

Even if the off canvas menu appears to be different from the primary menu, it needs to be selected as primary to display.
    The theme supports three locations, so what I want to achieve, having two different menus for the primary menu location, one for logged out users, one for logged in users, is probably not possible, without a menu item display rule plugin.

I want to keep the amount of plugins to a minimum, so another solution to this would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Carsten

My login is a short code, and I can see that I can add this to a Header element, so the login link will appear in the header on the frontpage only.

Then it will just need some styling.

This is probably the best bet?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

conditional display plugins are the simplest way to go. This one does the trick:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/if-menu/

To do it without the plugin would probably amount to the same code – and with a plugin you know that code is going to be supported by a developer.

Carsten

I will go with that solution then.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.