[Support request] Two different navigation menu colours

Home Forums Support [Support request] Two different navigation menu colours

Home Forums Support Two different navigation menu colours

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Abraham

Hi

On my homepage I have a set the primary navigation to have a light color on a dark background. However, on my blog I have a light background and the navigation is still light. How do I change the colour of the navigation for the blog site (without tampering with the Customiser setup)?

Regards

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you using the header element by any chance?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Abraham

I have a couple of Elements active (Custom Post Header, Custom Blog Hero etc.), but no “Header” element, no. The ones mention don’t have the header php included so I can add a class and change the styling from there

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can link me to the page in question so I can provide the easiest solution?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Abraham

Can’t, helping a friend out with a page that is “under construction”. However, do you have a sample/snippet on a Header element, the theme is using GP and under Site Library (Page Builder) Elementor, theme name: Bold.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you are using a header element with merged option on that page, then you can use the custom navigation colors options within that header element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#navigation-colors

If not then we will need to use some CSS. You can see all the navigation color selectors here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/changing-navigation-colors/

To target the blog page, add body.blog in front of the selector.

For example, .main-navigation becomes body.blog .main-navigation.

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.