[Support request] Tutorial on how to use site from Site Library for existing site?

Home Forums Support Tutorial on how to use site from Site Library for existing site?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jens

Hi,
    I just purchased Premium and wanted to use “Tasty” with my existing site. Now reading the forum, I must learn these great showcase sites are just meant to use them with a *new* site.
    This is not the way I can go, so is there a tutorial what to do when I want to use it with an existing site?
    Yes, I know, backups and stuff, I’d test it on a staging site first…
    But what should I do first?
    Should I do all the setup with my empty staging site and import the contents from my existing site afterwards? Or vici versa?
    Thanks for any hint!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I would recommend setting up a stage server so you can duplicate your existing site over, then import Tasty to go from there.

On the other hand, Tasty is super simple and it might actually be easier to just recreate the parts that you do want.

If you list out the things you like from Tasty I can let you know how to recreate it pretty easily.

Let me know 🙂

Jens

Leo,
    thanks for your swift answer.
    Do I understand correctly that “Tasty” is just a bunch of settings of GeneratePress (and some demo content)?

If so, is it a good idea to
    1) tweak the customizer settings to my liking on the staging site
    2) do an export of the settings (with the PlugIn Customizer Export/Import)
    3) import these settings on my live site

Or is there something other that do you’d recommend?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup that would work.

You don’t need a plugin for import/export:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/import-export-overview/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.