[Resolved] Trying to upload 13.2MB zip file plugin, not uploading

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Trying to upload 13.2MB zip file plugin, not uploading

Home Forums Support Trying to upload 13.2MB zip file plugin, not uploading

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Edward

I tried multiple times to upload the WooPriceCalculator plugin to my wordpress site with GP Premium theme. In the zip file info, the zip file size is 13.2 MB. I am able to choose the zip file as a plugin to upload, but when I click install, after a brief delay, I get a new screen that reads “Are you sure you want to do this? Try Again (link back to plugin page). When I click try again, I return to the plugin page, where I can choose the plugin, click Install and go through the process again.
    Upon purchase of the plugin, on the page where I downloaded the zip file, it reads Upload our plugin to your website requires more time than other plugins.
    The reason is because zip file size is around 32MB.
    Be sure that your server allow file update more large than 32MB, otherwise you’ll not be able to install it properly.
    I contacted my host Godaddy, who said there is no reason on the hosting side that I would not be able to upload this plugin.
    Thanks for any help. The website is Joemadethat.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Hmm I can’t see why GP would be reason for this problem.

Have you contacted the plugin author?

Edward

No I have not yet contacted the author, I will be doing that next. I do see a previous thread that Tom replied to under Increase File Upload Size, and I attempted to follow the advice. I will keep with the trial and error, and let you know if I get anywhere. Can you tell me if there Tom suggested in the previous thread this WP Beginner blog post.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/
    and I added the suggested code to the GP child theme functions.php file,

@ini_set( ‘upload_max_size’ , ’64M’ );
    @ini_set( ‘post_max_size’, ’64M’);
    @ini_set( ‘max_execution_time’, ‘300’ );

I am guessing such a solution is intended to allow larger plugin uploads and larger front end customer file uploads? I have not had any luck yet, i tried saving the functions file with the code pasted into various areas of the file. Can anyone tell me if this should work by pasting into a certain area of the the child theme, or do I have to alter the functions file of the parent theme?
    Thx

David

Before you do too much file editing, it’s useful to know that many web hosts will choke on a 32M upload via a browser.

Depending on your host, sometimes they will raise that limit for you if you ask tech support. Others may tell you how to raise this yourself if you are handy at editing system files. BUT….

You’ve gone through a lot. Why not just install the plugin via FTP, and get done in minutes? As Leo said, this isn’t a GeneratePress issue at all.

Dave

Edward

I was able to resolve this and bump the upload max limit to 32MB by going into my PHP Versions setting in my cPanel hosting, and bumping the “post max size” to 32MB. Thanks Leo and David for your efforts.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.