[Resolved] Trying to up pagespeed performance

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Trying to up pagespeed performance

Home Forums Support Trying to up pagespeed performance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hi I recently moved to GeneratePress premium. Loving the theme features.
    I’m currently trying to further optimise my mobile pagespeed ‘score’ for mobile. I’m sat at 80 – 85/100 for https://markward.today/2019/06/19/be-in-the-arena/ but get 90-94/100 for my homepage on mobile https://markward.today

Site just updated to version 2.3 today and plugins are up to date.

I’m using Autoptimize and Cloudflare ‘free’ plan. Any suggestions to really make my pages fly? I’m trying to get the pagespeed as efficient as practically possible before adding more design to it.
    Thanks in advance!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the main thing is that site is already loading at a good speed. The pagespeed rating should be used as a guideline for where improvements ‘could’ be made but not necessarily should.

The main thing that is reducing your rating is the high number of external requests being made for JS and CSS files for things like JetPack, Secure Gravatar, Like Button. Minimizing the number of requests is key to improving the rating.

So choices are to not use some of those plugins/addons or research how to server the files it needs locally, then they can be combined with your other scripts and styles via autoptimize.

Also in 2.3 we provided two new options in Customizer > General – first off is to use SVG for Icon fonts, second is to combine some CSS files. These will reduce the number of requests but i wouldn’t expect to notice a huge improvement as you’re already optimizing the site.

Mark

Awesome thanks for the helpful reply. It looks like dropping Gravatar is my biggest quick win and using Gravatar is a bit overkill just to get a profile image in the sidebar 😉

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.